Meet Dr. John R. Wedlake!
- Career Highlights: Being named Chief Resident of my residency class; Starting my practice in Stillwater; Election to Stillwater City Council in January 2017.
- Volunteer Activities: Stillwater Church of Christ, various speaking engagements for local medical seminars, Young Life
- What do you think about Stillwater: Stillwater is my home. This is where I was born and raise, and I jumped at the opportunity to return after my post-doctoral training to return and provide neurological services to the town I love. Stillwater is simply the best place I can think of to live and raise my family.
- Best Piece of Advice Given Regarding Your Career: “Whatever the cost, whatever the sacrifice, always keep the patient at the core of your decisions… and you’ll never be wrong.” Dr. Eduardo DeSousa, one of my mentors through training
- Five Favorites List
- Favorite Restaurant – Ranchers Club
- Favorite Business Book – The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- Best Stillwater Hidden Gem – This one is a tie: Botanical Gardens vs. Lake McMurtry
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Branson, MO (Silver Dollar City --- this kid LOVES it!)
- Best Place for Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings
“I was extremely honored and humbled to be chosen for this award, especially considering the other professionals who were nominated. It is a distinction that I hope to live up to for years to come.”