STILLWATER, Okla. (April 26, 2019) - Our YPS360 Highlight this month is Allison Wilson. Allison has worked with Wilson Law Group PLLC for the last six years. She is an attorney at this practice with a focus in Family Law. Her first job out of school was as as Associate Attorney at Hite Fanning and Honeyman LLP in Wichita, Kansas.
Meet Allison Wilson!
- Career Highlights: Opening my own practice and being selected as a Rising Star attorney for past 4 years.
- Volunteer Activities: Stillwater Medical Center Foundation (Board member), Stillwater Mobile Meals (weekly driver), Stillwater Habitat for Humanity (prior Board member).
- What do you think about Stillwater: I have been incredibly blessed in Stillwater. I met my husband at OSU, started a business, had my children here, and have wonderful friendships. Stillwater just attracts good people.
- Best Piece of Advice Given Regarding Your Career: There are so many, but the one I most often fall back on is the reminder that I am not going to be perfect, but that God carefully hand selected my weaknesses just as he did my strengths. So, my weaknesses are really an asset. Learn from them.
- Five Favorites List:
- Favorite Restaurant – Tokyo Pot followed by Blue Spruce
- Favorite Business Book – “Lean in” by Sheryl Sandberg
- Best Stillwater Hidden Gem – They are perhaps more “underpraised” than “hidden”, but the nursing staff as Stillwater Medical Center is a gem. In the past 2 years, we have had 2 children at SMC along with other medical issues. We always leave appreciating the endless compassion and thoughtfulness shown by the nurses.
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Santorini, Greece or Cannon Beach/Arch Cape, Oregon
- Best Place for Wings – I dislike any food served on a bone. But the best place for ice cream is Blue Spruce – or Reese’s mixes at Braums. Really any place that serves ice cream is pretty good. If there are any places for wings that serve ice cream, they would probably be my favorite.
“My husband encourages me every day. He tells me I am beautiful and smart. He thinks I can do anything. This gives me so much confidence to lead and take on new challenges. It is amazing what positive reinforcement can do. Be a cheerleader for someone.”