STILLWATER, Okla. (June 27, 2019) - Our YPS360 Highlight this month is Trenton Inselman. Trenton has worked with the Stillwater Chamber of Commerce for the last two years in Economic Development with primary job recruitment, retention, and expansion being his main focus. Recently, Trenton has added restaurant and retail recruitment assistance and assistance in entrepreneurship ecosystem building to his job responsibilities. Trenton’s first job out of school was with the USDA as a Soil Conservationist/Economist.
- Career Highlights: Being part of Leadership Stillwater Class 26, Class 9 of Payne County Leadership Connections helping with the launch of 1 Million Cups and Startup Stillwater, and helping local businesses grow. For example, helping XploSafe (and MaxQ to follow) expand locally in Commerce Place.
- Volunteer Activities: United Way Day of Caring and volunteer with numerous Stillwater Noon Lions community service projects.
- What do you think about Stillwater: “Stillwater is and will always be home. I was born in Stillwater, raised in the area, and attended OSU. Stillwater is a fantastic place for all stages of life.”
- Best Piece of Advice Given Regarding Your Career: Be respectful, work hard, and never stop learning from others. There’s always more that can be done to be a better employee, community leader, and person.
- Five Favorites List:
- Favorite Restaurant – Coney Island
- Best Stillwater Hidden Gem – Dibble and Son Furniture and Art Gallery
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Breckenridge, CO
- Best Place for Wings – Eskimo Joe’s
“Being considered an Emerging Leader in Stillwater is a true honor. This community has given so much to me and shaped me into the person I am today, so it’s a blessing that I get to be in a position to give back to Stillwater.”